RE:RE: Rdhat 8.0 Server Not Allowing Login

From: Robbie Soares <akdrums@alaska.net>
Date: Sun Feb 05 2006 - 21:38:49 AKST

When trying to login to my RH8 server, I get the message:
Authentication Service can not retrieve authentication info.

What can I do to repair this problem? I can't log into the machine.

There appears to be a problem with the authentication program/procedure.

I was viewing the users and groups in RH8 to resolve a UID issue between the
server and a new Ubuntu machine that I had setup. I probably logged off
with the users and groups utility open in Gnome when I logged off. Any
suggestions on how to correct?