Holiday Greetings & Other News

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri Dec 23 2005 - 11:28:50 AKST

Happy Holidays to AKLUG!

I found out today that I have access to some HP Vectra 6/200 machines.
Is the group interested in trying to do something we these?

It is possible, they will need memory, most of them have CD-rom (4x)
and a few of them have Etherenet cards (VG version I believe). It's
also possible that the HD's are 2 GB or less (bummer there).

If there is interest, we can narrow down the exact specs.

Also, "monthly" meetings will resume in the New Year. AT&T has
graciously offered us space in their conference room.

Because of the time commitment, initially, we will not have them every
month, but at least we now have a way to carry them forward. One caveat
here is that if the security folks get a sniff of foul play, then we
will be outta there faster than you can blink your eyes.

Lastly, I had made an offer to share my slightly used magazines with
the group and received an overwhelming response. This caused me to
rethink my offer and suggest that we set up some way to share them
amongst the entire group.

I am looking a some ways to do that and appreciate any feedback from
folks out there.

So have a great holiday and the New Year looks to start off with BANG!

Mike B.