Re: Machines Needed

From: Shane R. Spencer <shane@tdxnet.com>
Date: Fri Dec 23 2005 - 10:40:51 AKST

There are a few computer repair places around here that have "loaner"
systems for their customers while they are repairing their machines.
Have you contacted them at all?

I personally am missing quite a few parts from being able to offer a
working system.

This kind of deployment also makes me wonder where a few projects have
gone in the past, HP I believe had at one point designed a good system
for splitting a linux machine into at-most 4 active virtual terminals
offering multiple X sessions at a time per one CPU. Is this an option
for this project?

On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 13:28 -0900, Jim wrote:
> I am trying to get a couple of machines together for an orphanage in
> Colombia. They do not have to be much, 400mhz/128 meg would do. I will
> upgrade memory. They should be as small as possbile to save on shipping.
> Anyone have anything suitable lying around?
>
> Jim

Shane R. Spencer <shane@tdxnet.com>
TDXNet L.L.C.