Re: OT: Tivo question

From: Chris Hamilton <chris@digitalalaska.com>
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 13:30:15 AKST

There is a master DTV/DSL box with an RJ11 in, and several RJ45 slots. I
believe there are 3 RJ45 outputs that can be plugged into a separate cable
box. There is also an ethernet output on the master box, which I plug
directly into the router. Lotsa wires, will be nice if they come up with
wireless for this product line.

I've been told that the DTV over copper loop is similar in quality to dish,
but I've never had a dish before so I couldn't say. I'm in Settler's Bay
area and am very impressed that the signal is as good as it is.

I've read that Tivo is fairly universal in it's connections/capabilities,
but I was just curious to hear if anyone else in the valley was using DTV
(via phone) with a Tivo.

Chris