Re: AMD64 mirror

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 15:28:15 AKST

Ha! I was just about to rattle your chain about this problem - serious
lack of joy in Mudville as a result of errors in the mirroring processes
- Release and Release.gpg disappearing.

Yes, pool seemed to be populated (40G or so), trying to update from my
mirror gave no joy. I changed from debian.csail.mit.edu to
ftp.de.debian.org with the result of even less joy. Then I took a look
at the debmirror man page and added --ignore-small-errors. I went back
to debian.csail.mit.edu and now joy.

Here is the error from my original setup using debian.csail.mit.edu:

Errors:
 Release signature does not verify.
 Release signature does not verify.
 Release signature does not verify.
 Download of
pool/main/libx/libxalan2-java/libxalan2-java_2.6.0.orig.tar.gz failed:
Failed to open file.
 Download of pool/main/t/tomcat5/tomcat5_5.0.30.orig.tar.gz failed:
Failed to open file.
Failed to download files (2 errors)!

The man page pointed out not downloading a file or two is considered a
small error.

fgd.

--
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .^.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "etch" Testing