RE: Joe-Jobs

From: Kevin Miller <Kevin_Miller@ci.juneau.ak.us>
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 13:58:22 AKST

Jon Reynolds wrote:
> Has anyone had any experience dealing with joe-jobs on their email
> server? I am thinking I have to ride out the storm because all of the
> bounce messages I receive are from the server that got jobbed so I
> never see the original header. I have been asking for the originals
> from the admins of the servers but I have come to the conclusion that
> they never even look at their mail server or read the emails from it.
>=20
> The only way I can think of to stop this is to get the original
> headers and send them to the spam blacklist or inform the admins of
> the server sending the bounces to block that IP.
>=20
> Any other ideas?

Have you enabled SPF? http://spf.pobox.com=20

May help, but there's still a lot of folks that aren't using it yet, so
it may not...

...Kevin
--=20
Kevin Miller Registered Linux User No: 307357
CBJ MIS Dept. Network Systems Admin., Mail Admin.
155 South Seward Street ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801 fax: (907 586-4500