Re: turning off history -c

From: captgoodnight captgoodnight <captgoodnight@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 12:00:53 AKST

Yeah, I wasn't wanting to do that, but....desperate times...

I came accross BASHA (BASH For Audit) at freshmeat, I will try this first.
Dunno how I missed it on previous turns, hmmm. So it is...

For those interested, I have tried rootsh slipped into /etc/shells and
/etc/passwd; worked perfectly except for incoming scp, throws an error,
which basically screams to the user "keylogger on ya!" lol. Though it is
mentioned in motd "advanced logging features ;)" lol

also tried,
Vlogger from thc.org is for 2.4 kernels, so that one wasn't an option ;(

ttyrec isn't silent, and snoopy throws compile time errors I wasn't able to
get around...

okay, basha || patch bash (config.h 1st)

any other idears?

--eddie