Cisco 2650 switch

From: Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 11:27:11 AKST

I have an asterisk server with 8 phones and 4 analog lines running into
a TDM400P digium card. I have all 8 phones and the asterisk server
connected into a linksys switch (not a switching hub) and they work
fine. When I connect it to the cisco 2650 I begin to get stuttering on
the phones as the data and voice network mesh.

Because of this I have no remote access into the server and have to go
on site to do any maintenance. I connected into the linksys with my
laptop and opened up ethereal and watched what type of traffic was being
passed. I then connected it to the cisco and watched the traffic, I saw
traffic coming from everything connected into that switch.

I can't have this. :)

Is there a way to make a certain port on one of these ciscos to only
allow certain traffic like ssh to pass through and nothing else? I need
the network for the phones to be as silent as possible but I still need
it on the network so I can reach it remotely.

Thanks for any help,

Jon