Re: FreeBSD users ???

From: Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Date: Fri Nov 04 2005 - 21:01:36 AKST

Damien Hull wrote:
> What rock are you FreeBSD users hiding under?
>
> I was a user for a while. I even brought FreeBSD and OpenBSD to the
> Friday night meetings. I was the only BSD user in a room full of
> penguins. Wait, John ran FreeBSD for a while. It was nice having someone
> to talk to about BSD stuff.
>
> You BSD guy's need to come to the Friday night meetings and show us
> Linux users what's going on in the BSD world. Some of our software comes
> from the BSD community.
>
> All this talk about BSD has reminded me that I need to get a copy of
> OpenBSD. Maybe I'll just DL a copy.
>
> Well, I hope to see some BSD users at future meetings.

Well, I did show up at Jon's PVR presentation -- my first. Had a good
time. I should go to more Fridays, shouldn't I? I can't contribute
much about GUI, as I'm still mostly W2K-based, but I can be of some use
on the server/cmdline level.

Maybe we BSDers should coordinate so that we can show up at the same
time and hob-knob. :)

-royce