Re: FreeBSD users ???

From: David J. Weller-Fahy <dave-lists-aklug@weller-fahy.com>
Date: Sat Nov 05 2005 - 00:06:59 AKST

Wow. Haven't made *that* mistake in a while. Sorry about the emails to
your inboxes, guys. This one's going to the list.

* Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net> [2005-11-05 04:04 +0100]:
> What rock are you FreeBSD users hiding under?

One in Europe. ;]

> I was a user for a while. I even brought FreeBSD and OpenBSD to the
> Friday night meetings. I was the only BSD user in a room full of
> penguins. Wait, John ran FreeBSD for a while. It was nice having someone
> to talk to about BSD stuff.

I believe that I started using BSD because of a talk I had with you
about the stability and linearity in FreeBSD development during one of
the Friday nights. But that was a while ago.

* Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net> [2005-11-05 07:01 +0100]:
> Damien Hull wrote:
> Well, I did show up at Jon's PVR presentation -- my first. Had a good
> time. I should go to more Fridays, shouldn't I? I can't contribute
> much about GUI, as I'm still mostly W2K-based, but I can be of some
> use on the server/cmdline level.

Mmmmm... W2K. Have an installation under QEMU using KQEMU to accelerate
it on my Ubuntu box. However, I don't really use it. Just set it up to
help a friend figure the setup out.

> Maybe we BSDers should coordinate so that we can show up at the same
> time and hob-knob. :)

Would that I could, but I'm currently in Germany, and doubt that I'll be
stationed in Alaska again.

Ah, well, I'll live vicariously through the list. ;]

Regards,

--
dave [ please don't CC me ]