Re: Opensource Exchange Server?

From: Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 12:51:59 AKDT

bob@estimations wrote:
> I recently came across an eWeek article comparing MS Exchange Server=20
> replacements. But all of them appear to be proprietary. I'm wondering if=20
> there are any open source equivalents? Something that can talk to MS=20
> Outlook -- which some people are reluctant to give up?

There are a few Exchange servers in Linux that are quite good,
OpenGroupware, Kolab and OpenExchange. There is the Toltec connector
www.toltec.co.za that you can buy to connect your outlook clients with
the server. The Konsec connector www.konsec.com with a 30 day trial and
the Bynari connector www.bynari.net.

Having been down this road before, there is nothing out there, that I
know of, that allows lookOut to connect to a Linux Exchange server. I am
sure there are 3rd party apps that you can use in conjunction but people
want it all in one window. There is one more connector that I have been
watching for just over 2 years and it will be open source. Otlkcon,
which can be found here www.openconnector.org.

Jon