Re: windows problem

From: Kurt Brendgard <brendgard@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 08:21:31 AKDT

Actually, updating the drivers for the nic doesn't do
what he's talking about. All it does is update the
drivers for the NIC. When you uninstal the NIC,
Windows refinds it and rebuilds it's TCP/IP stack as
well, not just redo the drivers. The problem with that
though is that unless you've added the Windows update
files slipstream into the I386 directory, you get your
old UN updated TCP/IP stack back. If you have added
the updates slipstream, you might have a corupted
downloaded file for one of your TCP/IP files and be
right back in the same spot. It sounds as though the
update files were corupted in download though and
maybe you should try backing them out and restarting
with a fresh update. Kinda strange though that it only
affects one site, which leads me to think the obvious
is not correct assumption in this case. Got me curious
now, let me know how it turns out lol.

                       Kurt