windows problem

From: Jim Gribbin <Jim@JimGribbin.com>
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 23:58:57 AKDT

I know this is a Linux group, but I am forced to use windows part time
and I know I'm not the only one here who does. Besides, I'm desperate.
My laptop dual-boots w2k and has been working well for a while. The
other day I let it download some large, cumulative security update from
Microsoft.

Now when I go to www.acs-pcug.org with either Firefox or IE on windows,
the page continuously refreshes. I mean the instant the little "done"
shows up on the status bar flashes on, it refreshes ... continuously.

It doesn't happen with Firefox under Linux (other side of same laptop).
It happens when I'm logged on through GCI or ACS. I haven't AS YET found
any other sites this happens on. I've watched people access the site
between the time I was logged in through GCI and when I logged in
through ACS and the site worked normally (the other CPUs were running XP).

--
Jim Gribbin
Prudential Jack White/Vista RE