Presentations at the monthly meetings

From: Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 17:43:11 AKDT

I am going to do a mythtv presentation at the Aug. 19th meeting starting
at 7pm. I hope I am up to the challenge.

This is one thing I would really like to see at our meetings more often.
So many of us are doing various things with Linux and there is just not
enough time to learn it all. If anybody would like to do presentations
on any subject with open source software on Linux, I am sure that there
would be a lot of interest. Mike B. used to do these at the once a month
meetings and I really looked forward to them. Some of the topics that I
can think of off the top of my head would be, security, routers,
databases, mail servers, web servers, dns, streaming media, kernel
building, updating using apt and/or yum, window managers, the list goes
on and on. Basically, anything that you are comfortable with and have a
knowledge of that you wouldn't mind sharing with the rest of us.

Is there an interest in any of this? I have a projector here at Muldoon
that we could use to display up on the wall so everyone would be able to
see what is going on. I am willing to help out in anyway that I could to
make sure everything was setup and accessible. I know time constraints
and family are a big issue with most of us, so do not feel pressured. I
also may just be speaking for myself and if so just disregard but if
there is an interest then I would really like to help promote this for
all of us.

Is anybody willing to try this?

Jon