Re: Ubuntu mirror

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 18:06:05 AKDT

Greg Madden wrote:

>On Tuesday 12 July 2005 09:24 am, Damien Hull wrote:
>

>>I finally finished rsyncing Ubuntu. Again I only rsync Hoary and
>>pool/main. It's on a cron job and runs every morning at 1:00.
>>---------
>>with 'unsubscribe' in the message body.
>>

>The sources.list file looks like this, partial listing,
>deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary main restricted
>deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-updates main restricted
>deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-security main restricted
>
>Ubuntu is patterned from Debian which means the only way changes make it
>into Hoary (stable) is through hoary-updates & security. It seems to me
>those two sources could be added to your mirror. Doing a cron on 'hoary
>main restricted' might not be needed, afaik, it doesn't change.

Looks like I'm getting hoary-updates and hoary-security. Here's what's
in dists.

    462M hoary
    228K hoary-backports
    596K hoary-security
    348K hoary-updates

Size wise security and updates doesn't look right. Could be there aren't
any updates or security fixes. Either that or I'm not getting them for
some reason. I'll check tomorrow.