More Firewire

From: Greg Madden <pabi@acsalaska.net>
Date: Wed Jul 13 2005 - 15:08:08 AKDT

According to this site: http://www.linux1394.org/

"Kernel 2.6.12 released with IEEE 1394 upgrade

Linux Kernel 2.6.12 contains a major upgrade for IEEE 1394. This is
arguably the first stable version of Linux 1394 for 2.6 (your mileage
may vary). Not only does it contain many bug fixes resolving all known
kernel warnings, it also fixes multi-LUN support for sbp2 and contains
new sysfs entries to support udev rules for the generic setup of /dev
nodes."

Maybe my external firewire drive issues will go away. USB 2.0 has worked
great, but firewire has had errors, using 2.6.8 kernel, on my laptop.

Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.
Phone: (907)276-0461
email, confidential: pabi@acsalaska.net