Re: CompUSA USB 2 & firewire combo card

From: jonr <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Sat Jul 09 2005 - 11:50:53 AKDT

Damien Hull wrote:
> I've been having doubts about this card. The packaging says it's USB 2
> but according to lspci 3 of the 4 usb ports are usb 1.1 and one is usb 2.

The reason I never buy those cards is because it shares the speed
between all ports rather than each port being full speed. If they are
claiming it as USB2 because only one port is actually USB2 then it is
just another scam from CompUseless, much like their warranty.

Speaking of the warranty they offer and all the other neat little
incentives they give you. I bought a laptop there recently, they offered
  for an extra $25 bucks to load all software in the packaging and burn
it in over a 24 hour period, um..no. They also offered the "CompUSEless
extended warranty" because the manufactuers warranty lasted only 90
days. The manufactuers warranty last 1 year on all hardware the 90 days
is for the software only. The software that they would load for me and
"burn in" was already loaded, what were they going to install?

I asked them if I purchased the warranty if they could gaurantee at most
a 2 week turn around for my laptop. According to them this was an
impossiblity to ensure because of other equipment they might have that
would be ahead of mine and takes priority. They also said that nobody
could gaurantee this because of their reasoning.

These guys are so full of it I could barely stand the stench of standing
there and talking with them.

The software was already loaded, no need to install anything. The
manufactuers warranty is for 1 year and I can extend it. The manufactuer
will have a far quicker turnaround on repairs even if I have to ship
this thing to the moon. Case in point, my work laptop was sent in for
repairs it took almost 6 weeks before I got it back.

These guys are snake oil salesmen preying on the unsuspecting public who
do not have a clue they are being ripped off.

Sorry for the exagerrated email and going off of Damiens OP but just
reading what he is experiencing disgust me.

Marketing, where the rubber meets the sky.

Jon