Re: Building router/mirror server

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 22:19:15 AKDT

Greg will have to carry the ball. I have to get ready to pipe the Green
Baron and company on Saturday and then I leave for Church Camp for a
week where I will be feeding mosquitoes and act as duty piper.

Damien Hull wrote:
> Greg Madden wrote:
>

>>On Wednesday 08 June 2005 10:35 am, Damien Hull wrote:
>>

>>>As most of you know by now we had problems connecting to the net at
>>>last Fridays meeting. I'm going to try and build a router/firewall
>>>and mirror server. I've got a Fedora mirror but I don't have Debian
>>>and Suse.
>>>
>>>Can one of the Debian experts tell me how to build a Debian mirror?
>>>I'm thinking "rsync".
>>>
>>>I'll look into setting up a Suse mirror. Stan has a server setup for
>>>the base install so I'm only going to mirror the updates.
>>>
>>>I would like to start this today. It'll take a few days to download
>>>everything. Once I have it on my main server I can transfer it to the
>>>system I'll bring on Friday. That shouldn't take too long.
>>>

>>Fielder and I both have Debian mirrors,portable-external USB drives. You
>>could rsync from one of these on Friday nite, i386, ppc, amd64 to come.
>>Or use 'debmirror' from a Debian box (I have a script to use), or
>>rsync will work from any other box.
>>

> Lets rsync on Friday.

Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .^.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "Sarge" Testing
Since 1976 - Over 25 Years of Service.      /( )\  User Number 269482
                                             ^^-^^  "Seth" 186667