Re: the police state cometh....

From: Joshua Kugler <joshua.kugler@uaf.edu>
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 08:51:22 AKDT

On Thursday 26 May 2005 11:23, Damien Hull wrote:
> You could be right. However, the terrorists have guns but I don't see
> anyone saying we should take guns away from people.

Really? Your world must be free of the left wing? Can I join you where you
live? :)

> Encryption is big business. Who is going to tell Cisco to stop selling
> hardware VPN's because they could be used in a crime? Microsoft also has
> VPN software to encrypt remote connections to the office network. Who
> wants to take on Microsoft?

Take on big business? Never...but taking on the little guy with judges that
don't have a clue and cases that can't/won't get appealed is easy. If this
got appealed high enough, it would hit a judge that had a clue regarding
encryption, and the case (or at least the encryption part) would get thrown
out.

--
Joshua Kugler
CDE System Administrator