Re: Good distro for windows users

From: ben.everitt <ben.everitt@acsalaska.net>
Date: Fri May 06 2005 - 08:51:20 AKDT

You know I hate to even bring this up because it seems to have
backstabber written all over it, but Lindows/Linspire ain't that far off
from XP; and it was BUILT for the purpose we are talking about. Sure
there's better ways to do this or that, but the crux here seems to be
user migration, not details between distro's.

http://www.linspire.com/lindows_news_gallery.php?image=screenshot

Sure you can modify any of the windows managers for color and placement
but knoppix, Suse, Fedora, in my opinion are still not quite as close to
faking a general user out than these guys.

Does anyone here know of another distro out of the box - without
customizing anything - is closer to at least mimicking windows to aid in
the transition?

-Ben