Re: Blackberry in Alaska?

From: Christopher Erickson <cerickson@gci.net>
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 11:15:48 AKDT

First, I work for GCI so I am clueless on the usage charges.

Second, my investment in a quad-band, unlocked International Treo 650 was
my own idea, not GCI's.

Third, the Treo 650 is the marriage of a top end Palm PDA and a quad-band
G3 phone. It has all of the usual top-end phone features like camera, video
camera, Bluetooth and SMS. As a PDA, it has a regular contact and schedule
databases as well as a real Internet email client, a real web browser and an
MP3 player. I have also added a movie player, IM, IRC, 10 astronomy
programs, 5 games, various office productivity tools (compatible PDA
versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint), various system utilities and some
other fun stuff like an HP-41programmable calculator emulator. It also has
an SD memory card slot.

It was expensive but I sure do love it.

-Christopher Erickson (GCI Internet Engineering)

BTW, there is a replacement GCI Internet Forum that can be found here:

Pass the word.