Re: Blackberry in Alaska?

From: Jim Dory <jim.dory@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 10:50:12 AKDT

Hi Christopher - thanks!

another option, oh boy! I quickly googled Treo and SIM and am a bit
unclear yet. I haven't located charges yet for GCI SIM usage - I see
the phones are up to about $700 (unless they are discounted somewhere)
but what charges do you need to have through GCI? I assume you have a
cell plan through them? (I know, I could call them, but perhaps a bit
of knowledge first would help that phone call go better).

So for email, you could just use webmail to read email on your Treo?
You don't have the pull (or push?) that blackberry uses for email?
Basically it is just a cell phone that accesses the internet web - or
is it more?

Would you care to elaborate on why you prefer it over blackberry? That
may help my understanding a lot - and I can pass on recommendations to
the manager.

Apologies to the list for off topic-ness, but in the end I would
probably be looking at setting up Novell Groupwise or something,
anything to avoid MS Exchange learning curves if possible to let that
thing work with blackberry - not sure if at all possible from Nome but
perhaps one day we will have a decent cell service here.

/cheers, Jim