Linux is boring

From: damien hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 16:50:59 AKST

I checked on a clients network today. Wanted to see how the server was
doing. It's running Fedora Core 3, software raid 1, samba and a few
extras. The workstations are running XP. When I asked how things were
going they said everything is working. I checked and everything is
working. Even the backup to CD-RW is working. They don't have a lot of
data.

The fact that it's working is a good thing for the client but where does
that leave me. It's not only boring but I can't charge for tech support
because there's no need for me to be there. I may have to go in and
update the software but that's only an hour.

Maybe I need to switch to Windows. It'll crash and I'll get a tech
support call. Extra billable hours.