Re: MySQL - Windows vs Linux Performance

From: Joshua Kugler <joshua.kugler@uaf.edu>
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 11:00:16 AKST

It will depend on hardware, of course, but I believe you will get better
performance under Linux. If you can take the time, there are benchmark
scripts you can run yourself to test this out.

As to the time it would take on 1.9 million rows, that's not a lot, in
reality. Just make sure you have indexes that are well defined for the type
of data you need to retrieve from the table.

--
Joshua Kugler
CDE System Administrator