OT: local replacement for dvr parts?

From: Clay Scott <rudeboy@gci.net>
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 17:17:35 AKST

i recently picked up a pioneer dvr-810h-s which is an 80gb hard drive based digital video recorder + dvd burner + tivo. it's extremely nice and works great except for one minor problem. there wasn't an IR or serial cable in it so the tivo can chang the channel on the cable box. i just started the hopefully not-too-lengthy process of getting replacements from my vendor, but i'm hoping there are some other gadget freaks on the list that have tivos and know of a local shop than carries tivo/dvr parts so i can get it now and use the ones i get in the mail from my vendor as backups.

this might not, technically, be off-topic since i read tivos run linux...

thanks,
~clay