Re: OT: local replacement for dvr parts?

From: Grant Stockly <grant@cmosxray.com>
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 17:37:57 AKST

The serial ports are more reliable than IR, but on my tivo at least they're
a good way to get into linux. It should be a stereo 1.8mm jack on one end
and a DB9 on the other. I can get the pinout of mine if you want.

In order to get into linux on the older Tivos you have to mount the drive
in a linux box with a kernel designed to interface with byte swapped hard
drives. Then all you've got to do is edit a file. :)