Weird DNS issues with chase.com

From: Joshua Kugler <joshua.kugler@uaf.edu>
Date: Sat Jan 08 2005 - 12:38:20 AKST

I've been on the phone with ACS tech support about this, and can't get
anywhere.

My computer is on ACS DSL behind a Linksys Wireless-B router. Works great, I
can browse anywhere I want to. Except Chase Manhattan.

dig www.chase.com

will sporadically give me SERVFAIL from 209.193.4.7, and browsing to the site
is impossible because I am almost always told "unkown host."

Going to chase.com (no www) always works. But when I try to log in, I then
get cafservicing.chase.com is an unknown host, and dig gets SERVFAiL too.

But the thing is 1: using a computer on the UAF campus, I can get it *every*
time without fail, 2: the tech support guy wasn't having any trouble, and 3:
when I try to describe the dig SERVFAIL message, he didn't really seem to
grok it, thus the break down of the tech support session.

Does anyone have any tips? Is the problem truly on my end or ACS?

--
Joshua Kugler
CDE System Administrator