Re: Mini / Cube computer

From: Jim Gribbin <jgribbin@alaska.net>
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 01:02:21 AKST

Grant Stockly wrote:
> I'm trying to build a Shuttle PC sized computer with AGP and two PCI
> slots. None of the shuttle PCs have both two PCI slots and on board video
> that will handle 3840x2400 video. I've built a system with the Intel
> D925XEC microATX motherboard and the Antec Aria case, but it gets VERY hot
> during use. Even with all the sides off, "zone2" where ever that is,
> exceeds the temperature threshold. Before I go fill it full of fans, does
> anyone have any suggestions? Are there any other companies that would have
> an AGP slot and two PCI slots in a small cube sized computer? I can use
> either an AGP or PCI Express-16 slot. I could even use 3 PCI slots if I
> were forced. ;)
>
> Thanks,
> Grant

They do make a riser card for the mini-itx mobos that allows use of 2
pci cards, but as near as I can tell, you'd have come up with your own
case. I found cases for either 1 agp and 1 pci or 2 pci, not 1 agp and 2
pci.

You might want to check out www.mini-itx.com. Out of the UK, but they
claim to ship to US.

Jim