Re: public key not found

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 22:19:17 AKST

On Monday 27 December 2004 01:32 pm, Fielder George Dowding wrote:
> Greetings on this third day of Christmas,
>
> for the Debianites:
>
> I set up to update my Debian mirror and got this error message:
>
> Get Release files.
> [0%] Getting: dists/woody/Release #
> [0%] Getting: dists/woody/Release.gpg #
> gpg: Signature made Mon Oct 25 09:56:33 2004 AKDT using RSA key ID
> 1DB114E0
> gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
> Release signature does not verify
>
> Huh?

Hi Fielder, I am getting the same message on my debmiror. It will dl the
release files & the contents but no package.gz files. I would like to
figure this out this Friday night, if you do not have a party to go
to :) I can get the key if your interested, better yet have you figures
it out ?

My mirror was working for quite some time until about two weeks
ago ;-( Maybe a new security measure for Debian mirrors. There is a man
page on pgp and creating public keys etc..

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.