Re: public key not found

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 11:36:54 AKST

Right on Greg,

I was wondering if you experienced the same problem. I know there are
some changes going on - hardware wise - with debian developer's
configuration. I did not think it had anything to do with the mirrors
(primary or secondary) or the main repository.

I have been studying the gpg man page which points me to the
~/.gnupgp/gpg.conf file which in turn has the line:

  keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net

which has been working, as you say, up until, hmmm... about a week ago
for me.

So, what I understand from all this is the debian folks have not updated
their public keys on the public key servers or something else is broken
=:-)}}}

The connection here is (grep gpg /usr/bin/debmirror):

  Debmirror uses gpg to verify Release and Release.gpg using the default
  keying ~/.gnupkg/pubring.gpg. This can be changes by exporting
  GNUPGHOME resulting in $GNUPGHOE/pubring.gpg being used.

So I tried updating again with --ignore-release-gpg which worked. Next I
will try changing the key server.

Cheerio, fgd.

--
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .^.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "Sarge" Testing