vmware and drivers...

From: Keeper Nott <k10nospam@interak.com>
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 18:55:31 AKST

If I were to install windows XP and setup vmware workstation 4.5.2 on a
new box, would there be driver issues? I know that 3d acceleration and
other issues make hardware compatibility an issue with linux, but if I
was running it with vmware on a windows system on whic hthere were
perfectly workign drivers, would I get the same compatibility issues
inside of that instance of linux? The audio card and video card I want
ot use are nto yet supported for the new kernel and so I am looking for
an alternative, and I thought that drivers might be cross-compatable in
that instance.. Hope to hear soon, thanks..