Re: Slalckware, my $02.

From: Clay Scott <rudeboy@gci.net>
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 08:35:01 AKDT

"slack problems" almost seems like an oxymoron to me. i help people all the time with their slack installations. in my experience almost every time while they're ranting about how other distros "just work" and other inane things it turns out to be the fact that they've either misconfigured something, completely foregone configuration or just have too little knowledge of how gnu/linux works in general to really get into the nuts and bolts of things. i've run primarily slackware since 3.0 in 1995 and haven't had any problems getting anything to run on it in years. the old installs that required something like 27 floppies could be a pain and could cause problems, but things weren't too difficult after that.

if there are real problems with slackware specifically and not with the versions of software included in it or some 3rd party app designed specifically for slack, that's news to me...

~clay