kernel 2.2.6 sandbox

From: Enkidu <enkidu@bastardsonofgod.com>
Date: Sun Aug 15 2004 - 23:34:15 AKDT

I have recently acquired an old Gateway with a 486 dx2-50 at the heart of it.
I have installed tiny/slack 4 which comes with kernel 2.2.6 and the a-series
packages. I want to compile more support into the kernel for it, but I want
to do it on my athlon box. Unfortunately, most of the declarations are
outdated and it won't compile. Is it possible to install slack 4 in a subdir
on my main machine, load kernel 2.2.6 from lilo and have it chroot to that
directory? That way I can compile the modules and the new kernel in a native
2.2.6 environment. Thanks,

Enkidu

--
There is in certain living souls