Re: Fwd: Re: Anchorage Linux stores

From: Alaskan Magick <alaskanmagick@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Aug 15 2004 - 20:01:26 AKDT

Hi there,

I was perusing your archive and came across this.
Unfortunaly, I havn't moved onto better things yet...
hey if anyone knows of a good tech job that pays well
let me know, always open to suggestions, exp recently

Anyways, just wanted to say hello there, and that I
finally bowed to people asking me to join aklug :P

TTFN
~Jessie

>Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Anchorage Linux stores
>From: Peter Steven House (descartes@bandemax.com)
>Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 01:03:35 AKST
>
>----------------------------------------------------->---------------------------
>
>I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that no
>place is better than
>any other with respect to Linux support. Legend has
>it there's a female
>employee at CompUSA that has been using Slackware
>exclusively since
>Slackware 3 but I've never talked to her. I know she
>exists because a
>good friend of mine who also uses Linux related to
>me an anecdote about
>how he was chastised about assuming she used Windows
>when he asked her a
>question about a product. She also explained to him
>to how to ensure
>said component will work under Slack. Her advice
>checked out.

>She's probably since moved onto better things.

>The experiences at one store have been comparable to
>me. Mentioning
>Linux will get salespeople to treat you like you
>have leprosy. I just
>do my research on the web ahead of time and go in
>and purchase the
>product silently. I hope someone out there has had
>better experiences
>and will relate the location of where they had >them.
: )

=====
http://www.geocities.com/alaskanmagick/index.html

To see a world in a grain of sand
And heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour.
(from 'Auguries of Innocence' - William Blake)