Re: Suse Live CD

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 00:54:53 AKDT

Hey Mike and everybody,

I had a friend with a big pipe (he works for an outfit that contracts
with BP) download and burn both the "Live Eval" and "Personal Edition".

The "Live Eval" is a dandy, although it needs a lot of RAM. I suspect
256M is minimum.

I am, as I type, installing "Personal Edition" on a second box. The
first box had only 96M RAM, so it could not run the "Live Eval" CD.
After I cleaned out the fuzies from the CDROM drive, the "Personal
Edition" installed. It runs but the mouse movement is jerky, which I
think is a result of scarse RAM and probably a crappy video card.

You should have been to the ACS-PCUG meeting tonight (Thursday). I gave
out SuSE 9.1 CD's: four "Personal Edition" installation disks, and three
"Live Eval" disks.

I plan to bring the originals to the Friday night get-together.

fgd.

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 07:42:51PM -0800, Barsalou wrote:
> Any of you Suse'rs know of a Live CD for Suse? If not which Live CD
> would be the closest to what Suse offers?
>
> Mike
> --
> Barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>

Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .-.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "Woody" v3.0r1
Since 1976 - Over 25 Years of Service.      /( )\  User Number 269482
                                            ^^-^^