Re: Office Max $19 Microsoft adaptors

From: Justin Dieters <enderak@gci.net>
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 07:32:43 AKDT

Okay, long story short, I finally got it working after upgrading my
laptop to Fedora 2.

So, any idea when we might be able to do Wireless Friday? I need to
learn about setting up security for wireless devices ASAP :) In
particular WEP and SSID. I imagine it's easy enough to change the
options on the basestation, but it's setting it up on the card in Linux
that i'm not so sure about.

Anyway, all seems to be working good now, except the fact I don't really
have any security set up. I'm afraid to touch any of the options on the
access point for fear of it all the sudden not working. Right now my
only security consists of my limiting access by MAC address and leaving
it turned off when I'm not using it.

Maybe I'll be able to figure out some more stuff later (like when it's
not 3:30 AM :) ) but I'd still be interested in getting some help at a
Friday Night thing. It's been forever since I've been there on Friday.

Justin