Re: Office Max $19 Microsoft adaptors

From: Jim <jsw@wadell.org>
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 18:43:32 AKDT

Using Fedora 2. Did you configure the adaptor as a network device? I
will admit that I used the Gui to do the basic config. Once it was
recognized, I set it up as wlan0. I was able to enter most of the info.
Most important is to make sure the ESSID is ok. Look in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts. Note that this fill is hard linked to
two others on RedHatish systems:

[root@mister sysconfig]# find . -name '*eth0' -print
./network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
./networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0
./networking/profiles/default/ifcfg-eth0

so do NOT delete one, then replace it without fixing the links!

Hope this helps

Also, we might do a Friday on Wireless after I get out of this hell
hole. Dee, wanna give it a go?

Jim