Re: Connectivity test : Let me get this straight a second...

From: Jamie Hushower <hushower@alaska-geeks.com>
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 13:23:12 AKDT

I didn't think to add my own.

I don't think MTA offers service in Anchorage - I think that is where
Adam is looking for service.

For comparison's sake...
I too have MTA DSL at home and am, likewise, very happy with it. I have
768/768 through the True Blue plan (plus long distance and cell service)
for $50 per month. In any case, MTA does have a 10GB monthly limit with
additonal cost for additional usage. Oddly, they have no distinction
between business and residential service so there is just one option,
with a cap. I run many services on my connection that are both personal
and business oriented.

-Jamie

Matthew Schumacher wrote:

> Jamie Hushower wrote:
>
>>Check out ACS' business offering at:
>>http://www.acsalaska.com/business/b-internet/b-i-services/neteffect.stm
>>
>>This is a managed solution that has downright good pricing. I was quoted
>>$65 / mo. for 512/512 (I think that is right...) with the option to
>>scale up to 10Mb. The fee is flat. I haven't placed an order so cannot
>>comment on the service, etc.
>>
>>I think the marketing people have changed the name of the service, but
>>the Web page has not been updated.
>>
>>-Jamie
>

> I get 512/512 from MTA and am very happy with it. The ability to use
> your own mail/web server from afar with decent access speeds is quite
> nice. Friends and family that look at my online galleries say the
> performance is pretty good.
>
> schu

Jamie Hushower
Computer Consultant