Re: cdrecord question

From: Mac Mason <mac@orthanc.st.hmc.edu>
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 13:50:54 AKDT

My understanding is that the short answer is "no". A .iso file is an image of
an entire CD; you create the complete CD as an image, and then burn the thing
in one shot.

        --Mac

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 03:00:15PM -0800, Fielder George Dowding wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I used cdrecord yesterday to put four files on a cd-r. I must be missing
> a point about this burning business. Here is what I did:
>
> 1. I used mkisofs to turn one file and three directories into iso files.
>
> 2. I then used cdrecord to burn the four iso files onto a cd-r, thusly:
> cdrecord -v -eject -dev=0,1,0 file1 file2 file3 file4
>
> 3. I observed the four tracks being burnt, the fixation process, and
> finally the finished cd was ejected.
>
> When I mount the cd-rom drive /dev/scd0 with the cd in it, I can only
> see the first file (file1). Is there a way to get to the other files
> (tracks)?
>
> I have already determined to return to the scene, put the one file and
> three directories under one directory, run mkisofs on that directory and
> then burn the resulting file. I would like to abvoid this if possible.
>
> fgd.
> --
> Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm .-. Debian/GNU Linux
> dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska /v\ "Woody" v3.0r1
> Since 1976 - Over 25 Years of Service. /( )\ User Number 269482
> ^^-^^

Julian "Mac" Mason                              jmason@cs.hmc.edu
Computer Science '06                               (909)-607-9691
Harvey Mudd College