Re: gentoo 2.6.5 kernel

From: Mac Mason <mac@orthanc.st.hmc.edu>
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 19:39:26 AKDT

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 09:44:39AM +0000, irish0red@juno.com wrote:

> Hey Everyone,
> I am having problems when I update my kernel from 2.4.24 to 2.6.5 and when I
> first got gentoo running I had to end up taking the module from the cd to get
> the mouse working. Now when I updated to 2.6.5 I don't know what to do cause
> I am having the same mouse problems, and I don't think I can take the module
> from the cd since it is for the 2.4.24 kernel, can I?
        No, but you shouldn't need to, either. If you build the usb human interface
        drivers right into the kernel (2.6.x or 2.4.x) it should work fine.

>My reasoning for upgrading to 2.6.5 is to get my ntfs storage drives writable
>in linux.
        I don't know if that works; I should the NDIS driverloader was still
        necessary. Anybody on the list care to confirm or deny?

>If anyone can help me with this i would greatly appreciate it.
>I have a Logitech opitcal usbmouse a asus a7n8x-e deluxe.
>Thanks, Grant Gamblin
>Gentoo 2004

Julian "Mac" Mason                              jmason@cs.hmc.edu
Computer Science '06                               (909)-607-9691
Harvey Mudd College