Re: event notifications?

From: <jgribbin@alaska.net>
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 16:17:47 AKDT

Doesn't the shutdown script use a tool for notifying all logged users about an impending shutdown? I don't remember what it's called offhand, but it seems like you should be able to use the same tool for this purpose. If you want to only send to users at a particular box you might need to filter for @box-name.
Jim Gribbin
Prudential Vista R E
4241 B Street
Anchorage, AK 99503