Re: test

From: Adam Bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 11:03:12 AKDT

Justin Dieters wrote:

>GCI seems to be blacklisted again. Trying to send to the list using my
>own mail server.
>
>Justin
>---------

Ok, I'm going to respond with a few questions.

I'm going to be moving to Anchorage in mid July or late August, and
since I work from home (but not 'for myself') I need decent connectivity.

Is there one provider that is better than another? What kind of uptime
will I be getting when I go up there? Will my connetion go 'down' at
times in the winter, etc? According to a few bandwidth reports, there
are a couple 'decent' providers for low-latency connections (DSL,
cable). My bosses are paranoid that I'll get up there and be 'dead in
the water' for connectivity. Since I'm the only sysadmin for all of
our network, they are making me make extreme steps to make sure that my
connectivity is there, consistent, and usable for SSH and the like.

Any help would be appreciated, and there's a lot more information in
general that I could use, too (which of course, should be taken off list).

Thanks!

Adam Bultman
[currently: Grand Rapids, Mi)