Re: Spam & GCI

From: Jim Dory <jdory@gci.net>
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 11:06:08 AKDT

W.D.McKinney wrote:

>Need I say more ? Leif ?
>
>http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=208.138.130.81
>
>Dee

I tried sending a mail to someone (xxx'd out) in Fairbanks and got this:

  Recipient address: xxx@govcomputersales.com
  Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 mail from 208.138.130.80 rejected: administrative prohibition (host is blacklisted)

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=208.138.130.80

I've been looking at GCI's three servers .77, .80, and .81 and on the
spamcop site periodically reports one or the other is listed, then not.

I've got my server access file whitelisted for these three now, and I
don't believe it is us blocking anymore. It appears to be GCI system
wide? Nothing I can/should do?

cheers, Jim