oh no!!!! help!!!!

From: Scott Johnson <scott@akghetto.com>
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 08:52:55 AKDT

I realize this question may be better posted to a different mailing
list, but here's trying.

I recently configured my Postfix mail-relay spam scanner box with
DSPAM, so things would go NET -> Postfix ->(pipe'd to) DSPAM ->
Postfix -> other SMTP server.... things were going great until sometime
Sunday night/Monday morning when the DSPAM executable got overwritten
with a 0-byte file... my problem being that I can't find any emails
processed during this time frame! They never passed DSPAM, so never
got re-injected back into Postfix for further transport to a different
SMTP box. They're gone! Could these be lying somewhere on my box,
just waiting to be scanned by DSPAM? System logs show Postfix
reporting success in piping all these messages into DSPAM, so they're
not in a Postfix queue...... am I SOL? Anyone? Ideas???? This is the
one part of linux that really gets me sometimes.......