Re: qmail local time

From: <bryan@ak.net>
Date: Sat Mar 20 2004 - 22:21:12 AKST

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 06:25:50PM -0900, Scott Johnson <scott@akghetto.com> wrote:
> I never received any responses to this from the LUG, so I wanted to let
> everyone know that I found a patch at
> http://www.gbch.net/software/qmail-localtime-patch that did exactly
> what I was looking for - qmail is written to timestamp all messages in
> UTC/GMC - this patch changes it so qmail will timestamp in the local
> machine's UTC offset.

Thanks, Scott, I was wondering about the same thing.

What I'm wondering about now is whether there's any reason why
this would be a bad idea. I'm no email administrator, so I don't
know one way or the other.

Does anyone know why changing the timestamp method might cause
trouble somewhere?

--
Bryan Medsker
bryan@ak.net