smtp server

From: Tim Jordan <timothy_jordan@labor.state.ak.us>
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 13:03:42 AKST

I've been asked to look into a smtp server that will sit between our
clients and our Enterprise email system (which we don't control).
The problem is that our Enterprise server returns email's that are
addressed to more than one person if even one address is wrong (Nobody
gets the email!). When the client recieves the failure notice Outlook
does not show which address is failing.

Solution: We want to test a debian box running an smtp server to see if
we can ease user frustration. Bottom line is we need to know exactly
what address is failing. (No we can't change clients....:(

Now, I'm not a mail administrator so I'm not sure where to begin except
that exim4 is the default for Debian testing.

Help me Aklugers....

TIA,
Tim Jordan