RE: test

From: Mike Tibor <tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu>
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 07:39:31 PST

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004, Greg Madden wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 16:28, W.D.McKinney wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 14:41, Piet van Weel wrote:
> > > TEST CONFIRMATION...
> > >
> > > BTW the headers are messed up... The reply to goesn't go to the list it =
> > > goes
> > > to the user.
> > >
> > > Piet
> > >

> > As I recall it is a setting that has been on this list for a long time.
> > Dee
>
> The 'reply to' goes to the user, but in some mailers there is a 'reply
> to list' feature that gets the address from the 'x-list-id' in the
> headers. This has changed recently, x-list-id now points to
> AKLUG@asimov, which doesn't exist , it used to point to:
> AKLUG <aklug.asimov.lib.uaa.alaska.edu, which is the correct AKLUG list
> address.

Actually, the correct AKLUG list address is aklug@aklug.org. ;-)

It appears that the headers changed when we went to the new server. I
took the opportunity to upgrade to the latest version of Ecartis, and this
new version seems to handle List-id: and X-List-ID: incorrectly.
Unfortunately I don't see a setting I can use to define the behavior for
those individual headers, other than completely turning off all the RFC
2369 headers, which are basically these:

I didn't have any time to work on this over the weekend, but I'll look
into it some more and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for your patience,
Mike