RE: test

From: Mike Tibor <tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu>
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 08:53:22 PST

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Mike Tibor wrote:

> It appears that the headers changed when we went to the new server. I
> took the opportunity to upgrade to the latest version of Ecartis, and this
> new version seems to handle List-id: and X-List-ID: incorrectly.

Hmm... after reading RFC 2369 and 2919, it looks like Ecartis is actually
handling the list-id headers correctly after all. The purpose of those
headers is simply to provide a unique id through which messages can be
identified as being associated with a particular list. For example, I
like to use procmail to sort my list messages into different
folders--the List-id: header is specifically designed for this purpose.

With this in mind, I'm very surprised that Evolution uses List-id: in its
implementation of its reply-to-list function. I would think the
appropriate header to use would be List-post:. Does anyone know how other
MUAs handle this?

The reason List-id: is coming up with "aklug.asimov" is because it's just
using <listname>.<hostname>. The old server's hostname was set as
"asimov.lib.uaa.alaska.edu", where the new server's hostname was set as
just "asimov". I've set the hostname back to the fully qualified domain
name, so that should take care of your problem Greg.

Mike