Re: Electronic/Digital Signature Recommendation

Subject: Re: Electronic/Digital Signature Recommendation
From: Neil Moomey (neil@neilmoomey.com)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 16:09:44 AKST

Digital Signature technology is too hard for the average user to use just
once. For B2B or corporate use it's ok but the general public gets really
confused. A user would have to acquire and install their personal cert into
their browser. This takes time, effort, and money. See Verisign for
details. In my opinion digital signatures have been a failure. They never
caught on. Eventually they will be replaced with biometrics but that is not
catching on very fast either. You are better off just making a secure web
form and having the person sign it during the interview. That's what we do.

Neil