Using Mail

Subject: Using Mail
From: Jamie Hushower (hushower@alaska-geeks.com)
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 14:14:15 AKST

I am working in unfamiliar territory...

Can anyone recommend an easy way to cause a message sent using the
command line "mail" to appear to come from a sender other than the
actual sender? I may not be asking the correct question.

I have created a cgi script that sends confirmation email when an order
is placed. Because the script is run by apache, the message appears to
the recipient to be sent by "apache". This may be a bit confusing. Can I
change the reply-to address? Does it necessarily have to be from a user
with an account? I have been playing with sudo, but am not getting what
I want. Or anything, for that matter.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

-Jamie

--